Sunday, March 23, 2008

Quiet Day

This Easter is a little different then I had envisioned. Brad left this afternoon for a 2 week trip to Europe with his class. I wish I went on "field trips" like that when I was in school! Brooke is napping...probably crashing from her sugar buzz. Baileigh and Mckenna are coloring and watching the Veggie Tale movie, The Easter Carol. I'm waiting on my coffee to brew and watching a few deer pass through our back yard. It's relatively quiet and in light of all the events of the weekend it has me reflecting.

Easter a year ago was also unusual. Completely different circumstances, but unusual in that we were in the midst of experiencing a crisis within our circle of friends. I remember how emotional Easter morning was as the sacrifice made on the cross for our sins was seen in a new light. This year I thought about the celebration of Easter in light of my friend's accident on Friday...especially since I sit here alone due to those events. Just as a miracle happened 3 days after Jesus was nailed to the cross, I truly believe a miracle happened on Friday when Bryan was thrown from their car on the highway and was able to walk away.

I'm beginning to wonder if God thinks I'm not getting it! Do I really need these major life crisis' near every Easter to be reminded of the sacrifice that was made on my behalf and the forgiveness I've been offered?!

Apparently.

Apparently I loose sight of that when the water is calm. Apparently I try to control things and make life work on my own. Apparently God is trying to shake me and return my focus to where it should be. Apparently. I would like to think I could grow in a crisis free environment. Without trials or tribulations. But since that option isn't even a reality then I guess I'll keep trying to see adversity in the light of it's potential to help me grow and hopefully develop a consciousness that enables me to cherish every day as though it were Easter.

1 comment:

once upon a lifetime said...

I am glad to hear you share your heart. :) Sometimes I think I am the only one who needs constant reminders of God's sacrifice and grace for us.