Sunday, March 30, 2008

We Made It

I've had a few opportunities to blog since we arrived...but I think I was so scarred from the flight here that I needed some time to decompress. The logistics went well. Getting to the airport, curbside check-in, security, lunch, bathrooms, etc. Once on the full flight, Baileigh and Mckenna...great. Brooke...two! Terrible Two. She woke up an hour earlier then normal the morning we left but I decided this would be okay because she would be exhausted by the time we took off at 1:00. True, she was exhausted...but she fought it the entire flight. I did my best to keep her quiet and happy...or at least just not crying and screaming...which meant feeding her all the extra Easter candy I brought in case of emergencies and allowing her to essentially eat a tube of Chapstick. Nice. She finally passed out as the pilot announced we would be beginning our descent to land!

On a brighter note, Brooke has done fantastic with the sleeping arrangements. She is on a crib mattress on the floor pushed up against the wall and surrounded with pillows in case she rolls off. At night she goes to bed well and doesn't try to get up. Nap time has been 50/50 but that is true at home, too.

The weather was 85 the day we arrived but then the past few days have been gray and cool in the mid 50's! Today it was finally back up in the 80's and the girls had fun (despite complaining about the heat!) being outside and playing.

On Friday we had the chance to meet up with my friend in Fort Worth at the Botanical Gardens. The girls had a great time catching up and exploring the Butterfly exhibit and the gardens. I have a ton of great pictures to post but it's taken me about an hour with this slow dial up just to manage these photos so this is it for now...plus I'm sure that Lisa, the semi-professional photographer that she is, will have a few better pictures to email me.




Over the weekend Grandma took the girls to a local theater production as well as a movie. I've stayed home with Brooke during those times since it was during her nap...its been nice just to have some downtime to myself with no real agenda (when she actually napped!). Tomorrow we'll do a little driving as we're going to see Brad's Grandma who is in a nursing home a few hours away. Afterwards we'll spend some time on his grandparents farm hanging out with the cows.
Brad will join on us Friday. I feel like he has been deployed to Europe, not just gone on a 2 week trip. It's so hard to connect with phone calls when you factor in the time change, traveling, international calling etc. so we haven't been able to touch base too frequently. We leave for California on Wednesday...I'll have to make sure I have time to stop by a store and pick up some Chapstick and chocolate in anticipation of the flight!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

You're quite adventurous to take three young kids on an airplane by YOURSELF! Maybe your in-laws will watch the girls for you, so you can go get a massage or a pedicure or something! You deserve it! :) Good job, mom!

Tylertopia said...

That's awesome you got the chance to meet up with Lisa and the girls! Hope you guys had a sweet reuinion. Love the photos. :o)

Kathy said...

You look great - so fun to see Lisa again too. Good luck on the next flight!!!