Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Time Has Arrived!

We've been anticipating Brad's sister's wedding for months now and the time has finally arrived. We're leaving tomorrow to fly to TX to visit some family and then on to CA next week for the wedding. While Brad is eating Belgium waffles smothered with chocolate and fresh strawberries on the streets of Brussels, I will be flying alone with our 3 children to visit his family in Texas. Then on to his sister's wedding!

I'm just teasing...I love his family and he couldn't change the dates of this European trip he had to take with his class. Since we're on our spring break I decided to take the girls to Texas first to visit family that won't be able to make the trip to California for the wedding. He won't meet up with us until the Friday afternoon of the rehearsal...just in time for the Saturday evening wedding and then the flight home on Sunday with me and the kids.

My posting will be infrequent as my in-laws have dial up...I really want to take my laptop but considering the bag per person ratio I'm already undertaking I don't think I can manage one more thing. Did I mention I have 3 flower girl dresses and 1 fluffy bridesmaid dress to transport in addition to car seats and suitcases...including clothes for my husband for the rehearsal and the remainder of the weekend in CA.

If you've flown with 3 children ages 6, 4, and 2 you will understand how much I am anticipating the leisurely travel experience I am about to undergo. The fact that I get to do it solo just means that the fun will be all mine to cherish and I won't have to share it with anyone else! So if you think of me tomorrow please say a prayer for my patience and sanity...and if you're kids are driving you crazy just be glad your not confined to row 15 seats A,B,C and D!

6 comments:

Amy said...

I will be praying for you--for your safety and that everything goes well and that you are surrounded by helpful and encouraging people on your trip! Have a wonderful time!

Double A's Mom said...

I will be praying for you too! I have resorted now to driving from CA instead of flying to visit family because my plane trips with Aaron have been so stressful in the past. And you have three!! What am I complaining about? Good luck and I hope you have safe travels!

Kathy said...

Geeeez... I will be praying too. I love to travel, but it's a different story with three kids! You can do it!!! Charge up that DVD player. : ) Looking forward to seeing your post-trip-posts!

Chelle said...

Will definitely be praying for you. Be safe and have fun.

Jenni said...

Okay--you do not know me but our hubbies know each other and I wanted to make contact with you! I am very good friends with the Chapmans that used to live there that now live in Summerville--I'm especially close with Anna and her husband John. Her mom gave me your blog and I said something to my husband and he says, "Well I know BHall". So anyway--email me when you get a chance--we are moving to NJ next month for Chris to go to ASAM. I am cracking up at some stuff in your blog and I really hope you had a great plane ride--definitely been there, done that.

The Chapman's have told us all about Fellowship Alliance and we'd like to try it out. Hope to talk to you soon!

Jenni Lanier

Jenni said...

Okay so my email address would help, right?

sneakylanier@gmail.com