Saturday, March 08, 2008

Barnyard Bash!

Friday was Brooke's second birthday. I can't believe my baby is now 2! Amazing. We were saving most of her celebrating for Saturday, but on Friday we opened a few presents, ate some cupcakes and did some of Brooke's favorites like coloring.
The highlight of the day was that Daddy came home after being out of town for 10 days...just in time for the party.

We had a Barnyard party, complete with a cow cake I made that I'm pretty darned proud of if I do say so myself! Brooke thought it was cool and kept "mooing". We almost got a decent family picture. I'm taking Brooke for her 2 year old pictures next week...I'm sure that will turn into a blog post!
What? Is she looking at the camera? Smiling? Surely not? Perhaps she is turning over a new leaf at the age of 2?
We just had a few friends of Brooke's from church. The girls had a fun time playing and since the mom's are all friends we had a good time enjoying coffee and cake and ice cream at 10:00am!
She got a lot of neat presents, but always an old favorite is a toy cell phone. Is that a bad sign of things to come?

The twisty cheese puffs (we called them pig tails in staying with the theme) were almost more popular then the cake. I admit, they were pretty good! Brooke's new sparkly shoes from Nana were a hit. I love her little chunky legs in this picture...they are looking leaner every day as she is showing more and more signs of outgrowing her baby days!

Happy 2nd Birthday Brooke Elizabeth! Mommy and Daddy love you!

8 comments:

Triple Trouble said...

Happy Birthday Brooke!! I don't think I've ever seen a child that looked so much like one person (I thought she looked like Chris) then over the course of one short year has morphed into a totally different person--now I think she looks just like you!!

Awesome cake, it's udderly amazing! I couldn't resist!!

Lisa

Jodi said...

That cake is flippin' awesome...

Abundant Joy said...

Happy Birthday Brooke!!!!! Sorry did not call on Friday. We went out of town. Looks like she had a great day. Hayden said to give her a BIG hug. Love ya'll See you soon. Love, Jacob, Laura,and Hayden

Kathy said...

No way. I just was telling my mom over the phone that I'd like to do "farm" theme for Mary's second b-day in the fall. I love your cake! SO cute. : ) Good job, Mommy! She looks big to me... I remember Mckenna's 2nd b-day... with the cute flower cupcake cake for her Dora party. Makes me miss seeing you guys and seeing your girls. Fun to watch them grow up via my computer screen though! Happy Birthday, Brooke!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Brooke! It seems like yesterday they were all lined up on the Little Gym wall! Loved the cake! Kate

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Brooke. I hope you had a good time, it sure looks like it. Great cake. You have soo much talent, I'm jealous.
Stephanie

Lovin' on my Boys said...

We really missed you at Gavin's birthday. It just wasn't the same without the Hall family. ;) So fun to see Brooke and Gavin having another milestone together!

burtnbrdr11 said...

A cow cake. That's genius. Great job on it.