Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

A year ago today I was blogging in Sydney, Australia.

Today I blog from the couch, still running a fever, still not feeling well...but two pounds lighter then yesterday!

I wonder where I will blog from next year!?

Technically the day February 14 did not exists in my life last year. I left the US on the 13th and due to the time change I arrived in New Zeeland on the 15th of February. I'm not complaining though!

I had saved a lot of last minute errands for yesterday that included picking up a few goodies for the girls for Valentines. That didn't happen since I'm sick. But this morning I gave them the few things I already had after their breakfast of pink milk and cinnamon rolls and they are as happy as can be...it reminds me that I frequently go overboard when it isn't necessary.

My sweet hubby got me flowers and cleaned up the house last night since I went to bed early...that means more to me then any type of present! He also has plans to make me dinner but we're going to wait until tomorrow night since I don't have much of an appetite right now. That means tonight we'll celebrate Valentine's Day in style, at McDonalds! It was the girl's pick...they got Valentine's coupons for free things at McDonald's like baked pies, ice cream, apple dippers, etc. They are very excited to pick out their own treat and hand in their coupons. I will miss the days when they are so easily entertained!

1 comment:

once upon a lifetime said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I am sorry you are still not feeling well. Relax and nap today... hmmm... I think I might just take my own advise! :)