Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Please Comment!

Today I learned of a blog that you need to check out. Not because it's funny or entertaining. But because this family needs you. Seriously. They need your prayers. And if you read it they need to know you are praying.

This girl is a fellow Taylor University alumni. I don't know her. But I know that she probably isn't that much different then me. I know that she experienced college at TU and would understand what I mean when I talk about the PA's, the DC, Taylor Time, Hoe's, TOPPIT, etc. I know that if she were my neighbor our two year olds would probably play together. I know that if I sat next to her at a Bible study I would probably find we have a lot in common. I know that while I rush around the house stressed about my daily activities, she is in a hospital stressing about life and death. Perhaps that perspective is why I sit here crying and feeling an overwhelming urgency to get as many people as I know to look at their blog and make a comment.

The blog started back in October by her husband in order to keep people informed on her progress. He continually asks for prayer. I noticed that there aren't many comments. Please, even if you don't normally comment, please take a second to help encourage this scared family and let them know that people are praying for Leslie's healing. And pass the link on to anyone else you know that believes in the power of prayer! It really doesn't matter if you know them, the fact is that any one of us could be Leslie.

4 comments:

Chelle said...

First of all, thank you for the comments on my blog. I'll be sharing that with Andy to help him out too!

Secondly, went to the site you posted here, and yes, commented. Funny how certain situations "shock" us back to reality and away from the trivial and mundane.

Glad you posted about her.

Amy said...

Thank you for letting us know about their family.

Anonymous said...

Cote!!!! What is up hot momma? =) Thanks for blogging about Leslie - I know they will appreciate any and all prayer! On a side note - glad we can catch up over our blogs - you have a bunch of cute kiddos yourself! jami b.

Troy said...

Thank you so much for posting this link!!!

After clicking the link to the blog, my sister realized that Leslie was my roommate's wife.

Tyson and I had lost touch over the last few years (we were horrible about phone calls), and I had no idea what they were going through.

Without you and Jami, we wouldn't have reconnected...so thank you, thank you, thank you.

Troy Tiberi