Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sick Day

Last night I was feeling achy. I equated it with my weight lifting and exercise earlier in the day. But when I woke up around 2am with a temperature of 103.2, yet chilled to the bone I realized that I wasn't sore from a good day at the gym. I don't know if I have the flu or just some other virus...but it stinks! I have no appetite, I feel a little nauseous, so achy, my throat is sore and my head is throbbing.

I've spent the day trying to parent from a fetal position on the couch. It doesn't work that well. I managed to get Mckenna a ride to and from school...it was her big Valentine's party, so the idea of staying home because Mommy didn't feel like taking her wasn't an option. I usually stand at the bus stop with Baileigh but today I just waved from the house. Brooke destroyed the toy room but she was happy and let me lay on the couch. She kept bringing food from her toy kitchen and wanting me to eat it, then she would say "all bedda? (better)." Whenever I told her Mommy wasn't feeling really good she would kiss my knees and then pat my legs and rest her head in my lap. It was very sweet. The girls all got flu shots so hopefully if this is the flu they will be okay.

Brad gave me some relief by taking the girls out to dinner so I could be alone and rest. I'm getting ready to have my first meal of the day, good ole' Chicken Noodle Soup...we'll see how that goes. I'm optimistic that this thing will only last about 48 hours, and hopeful that I'll at least loose a few pounds!

4 comments:

nilvento said...

Man o man...I am not feeling good either...no fever, but I do have a sore throat and cough...and poor poor Joey is so congested that I have to torture him with the snot sucker. On top of that, he's got 2 bottom teeth poking thru....

Anonymous said...

I hope you're better soon. Nothing worse than being sick and having to take care of your children! Kate

LDraper said...

Sorry you're not feeling well....

Anonymous said...

Oh, not fun at all trying to parent from the fetal position on the couch. Hope you feel better soon!