Saturday, February 09, 2008

Self-Inflicted Mullet

Mckenna cut her hair today.

Nice.

She was alone in the basement working on crafts and had her kid's scissors with her. I'm not sure what her thinking was...she told me that she just wanted to trim her bangs...she also said at one point that she wanted her hair a little shorter around her face so she could see out the windows of the car better...I have no idea what was going on in her little mind!

This is her second hair cutting incident. About a year ago she trimmed the hair of our friend's little boy. I frequently remind her about scissor safety and what we do/don't do with scissors. I guess it fell on deaf ears.
She basically cut around her face. You can look at the pictures from the previous post (Tea Party) that were taken earlier this morning and see the difference. It used to be one length with the exception of her bangs. It's all choppy on the sides now and I'm not sure what the hair style solution is going to look like.
In about 7 weeks the girls are all going to be flower girls in my sister-in-law's wedding. Mckenna told me she wanted to grow her hair longer, like Baileigh, so she could wear it up with flowers in it in the wedding! Not sure that is going to happen anymore...at least the wearing it up part, I'm sure I can still manage a flower.
She even cut a little off the back...I guess that means possibly tapered around the face and shorter in the overall length with layers. I can't really imagine what else we would do.
My friend gets her daughter's hair cut in the house of a neighbor who used to work in a salon. I called her to see about getting something set up for tomorrow afternoon or Monday. All we could work out was first thing tomorrow morning before church so we'll have some type of resolution soon.
The remains of her salon debut.
Never a boring day with Mckenna!

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh, man. That post is so funny. The way you wrote about it, I mean. I'm sure it's not very funny to you - especially since she is supposed to be in a wedding. What a bummer. I think each of my kids has cut their hair.

Oh-and that's interesting that Makenna had strep throat, too! I'm glad my blog post helped. :)

Mom To Jacob & Allison said...

I know that right now you find this anything but funny, but I promise you that when you look back on this, in time, you will laugh!

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious! (You'll think so too after the resolution haircut!) Mckenna is a funny girl. Kate

Jodi said...

I realized I spelled McKenna's name wrong! Sorry...

nilvento said...

maybe she'll be a hair stylist when she grows up...tee hee hee