Sunday, February 10, 2008

The New Hairdo

This morning Mckenna got her hair cut in attempts to repair the damage from the haircut she gave herself yesterday. I had intended on taking pictures but my brain wasn't fully functioning at that point in the morning so I took a few photos in the car afterwards before we went to church.

The girl did a nice job and was great with Mckenna...but I don't care for the style but it was really our only option. I could have had it cut shorter in the back in attempts to make it a modified bob but Mckenna was upset about getting it cut today (ironic, huh!) so we went with the least drastic change for now. Essentially it frames her face in a tapered cut and we took about an inch in a half off the back and added layers to blend with the layers she gave herself!

The cut reminds me of an actress from the late 70's early 80's...she had white blond hair and it was cut very similarily. She was in a TV sit com. Anyone know who I'm talking about...I can picture her but can't remember her name.

Anyway...it's fine for now and I'm trying to let my frustrations go. There is a big chunk over her right ear that is only about two inches long, thankfully it is hair closer to her scalp and there is longer hair on top of it so it's hidden while it grows out. I'm going to give it until the end of March and then we'll trim it again to help blend it or cut it shorter in the back and change the style.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Her new haircut looks cute! Hang in there. I know it is hard when that happens.

Kathy said...

Anne Jillian, perhaps? I think she looks cute either day. Probably harder for mommy, eh? Ivan still has uneven bangs from a similar incident at school. His teacher even kept his hair in a baggy for me, "just in case I scrapbook!!!" It still looks "up-doable" I think! : )