Thursday, February 07, 2008

A Crazy Day

I'm worn out and it's only 5:14! It was a hectic day...it started with my Mom's Time Out resuming after our holiday break. That means getting some type of baked good or egg dish preparred and hot out of the oven to take to our group and the kids loaded up by 8:45am (a difficult task for our household considering they usually wake up around 8:30!). Overnight I decided that I thought Mckenna had strep throat (thanks to my friends blog and her tidbit of info...she had a ton of red dots in her throat, but no other symptoms...until a fever today)...so she came along this morning but camped out in another room and watched a movie during my meeting instead of going to her classroom.

After our meeting I had to rush Baileigh home to get the bus with about 3 minutes to spare, then turn around and head to the Dr.'s office. We ate lunch in the car somewhere in between. After an official diagnosis of strep throat and a perscription in hand we ran an errand or two and headed home. As I write this it doesn't sound like much but things that normally go smoothly didn't which I think added to everything. Brooke threw a fit trying on shoes which is very unlike her. Then on the way home she cried the entire 25 minutes instead of her normal happy self. Are you thinking what I'm thinking as I type this...perhaps I'll be blogging tomorrow about her getting strep throat!

Mckenna and Brooke both napped while Baileigh was at school (Mckenna hasn't napped in about 8 months!). I managed to get a girl from the neighborhood to come over to stay with the girls while they slept and I ran Baileigh to ballet after school, so that helped my stress level a little. It's usually a 15 minute trip, one way. However, on the way to ballet I noticed that the oncoming traffic was really backed up...ridiculously backed up. There ended up being an accident near my route that had traffic backed up for miles. I told my sitter I would be home in 30 minutes max...so I had to figure out some other route home so I wouldn't be sitting in traffic for an hour.

I've finally sat down for a few minutes to read emails and check some blogs...that is another story! Apparently something has started preventing my blog to automatically update new posts, even my own...and every time I check I have to allow popups and refresh etc. It's also effecting my spell checker and uploading photos. It's a pain...but I'm glad to know you guys are still blogging...I didn't realize the issue existed for a week and I just thought everyone was on a posting vacation!

I just realized that I've been so distracted by my busy day that I forgot Brooke is 23 months old today...last month before the big "2's"...wow, that went fast! More on that tomorrow...hopefully. If it isn't a crazy day.

I also forgot LOST is on tonight! I hope I'm still awake by then!

No comments: