Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Am I Ready For This?


I've been looking for a triathlon in August to replace the one I was going to do on the 12th since we'll now be out of town for a wedding. Last night I started strongly considering doing this Olympic Distance Triathlon next month instead of just a Sprint distnace...(there are 4 triathlon distances, Sprint, Olympic, Half Ironman and Ironmans). I feel a little lost in my training right now and I think if I had this on my calendar it would help me focus the next month on increasing my swim and run. It's put on by CGI who does such a great job! It's also in Maryland...so I could add another state to my list of places where I've done triathlons. It is the one weekend in August without any conflicts. However, it's also double the swim, 6 miles longer then my longest bike in a race yet, and double the run. Hmmm...it's something to think about though. Considering I hate running I'm not sure what to think of the 10K. I'll ponder it...today I'll swim at the gym with the 1.5miles in mind.

1 comment:

Chelle said...

I think you can do it if you start increasing your training. With all the events you have done one week after the other, you will probably be able to do it better than you think.

Go on, take a chance, rock it.