Sunday, February 25, 2007

#192

This morning, while most of you were still snuggled up enjoying the comforts of your warm bed, I donned a sexy latex swim cap and goggles and began my first indoor triathlon.

A 8 day hiatus from training to eat my way through New Zealand did not help my results this morning. But I persevered and completed the 250 meter swim, 6 mile bike, and 2 mile run. Not big distances, but a good chance to practice all three events in a row and transitions.

This action shot is blurry...I like to think it is because I am running so fast!


Showing our guns! This is my former college roommate, Jaylynn, who lives in the Seattle area and inspired me to try a triathlon. She attempted her first one last summer and is planning on completing a few more this summer. And no, we didn't coordinate our outfits...I guess we both just have good taste!
This morning confirmed a lot of things...such as I'm weak on the bike, forgetting to stretch is regretful, I need new running shoes, I need padded biking shorts, sports bras are extremely difficult to put on over wet skin, I'm a slow runner...I'm a Fat, Slow, Triathlete. But did you catch that...I am a triathlete.
WOW...we look HOT!

2 comments:

Traci said...

You guys are awesome! Way to go!!!

Tylertopia said...

That is awesome! Such motivation...LOVE IT!