Friday, February 23, 2007

Brooke's 1st Haircut

Brooke's hair has been annoying me. Perhaps annoying isn't really the right word, but I was tired of the side-mullets as I like to call them. I didn't really want to cut bangs at this point, and I didn't want to even the long sides with the shorter back so I wasn't really sure what a haircut would achieve. After a lengthy discussion with the stylist over everything I don't want done to her hair, the cut began. Brooke wasn't fond of the spray bottle but only seemed annoyed and was still focused on her airplane seat at the time. The cut began smoothly. I was watching (like a hawk) and was pleased with the amount she was cutting. Brooke got a little concerned, probably since both her sisters were trying to watch and both myself and Nana were taking pictures. I pulled out the emergency reserve of goldfish and that was a successful distraction.

Everything was going smoothly until Brooke decided she was done and tried to stand up. When I restrained her she voiced her discontent, rather cried her discontent. So, like a good Mommy, I took pictures and encouraged the stylist to continue. Brooke recovered and the hair cut was a success. It's not a huge change...bangs would have made a big difference but I don't want to make that commitment, yet. But she looks a little less disheveled...it almost looks like a little bob right now and doesn't look as dramatically short in the back anymore compared to the sides.

I sure just wrote a lot when I could have simply said, "Here are pictures of Brooke's first haircut."

Here are the before pictures...the reason we needed a haircut!

Off to a smooth start. Brooke was pretty interested in the airplane (w/ a stearing wheel?).
She survived the spray bottle and was distracted with goldfish.
Not pleased that Mommy wouldn't let her get up from her seat.
Whew...it's over. Brooke was anxious to get down and play with her sisters.

No comments: