Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane...

The day has arrived. In about 8 hours I'll kiss the girls good-bye and begin my adventure. I'll log about 20,000 miles on this trip...enough for a free ticket! I believe my trip from San Fransisco to Sydney is 14 hours! The novelty of being able to fly alone and enjoy myself may start to wear off by hour 13! I have the complete season 1 of Scrubs to watch, a few good books, a couple magazines, my MP3 to relax to...and perhaps I'll steal some of the girl's chocolate Valentine candy for a little sugar buzz!

Brad has had a week in New Zealand to explore and I'm really excited after hearing about everything! We've made plans to rent a car and drive south to Queenstown so we can explore more of the south island. I was contemplating sky diving but have ruled it out after I have coincidentally heard 5 news stories this week of skydiving accidents...including one to a Michael Hall (M. Hall...same as me) in New Zealand! I took that as a sign.

The girls seem to be all over the place emotionally about my leaving, as am I. I'm excited about the trip, the time with Brad, the time alone, the time away...but I will miss holding sticky little hands as we walk across a parking lot. My mom is a trooper for not only keeping the kids, taking care of our dogs, but also keeping up our house and showing it. We got a call yesterday from a realtor saying he was putting together an offer. It's lower then our asking price, but encouraging none the less. It has only been three weeks since we listed...but I would like to wrap this up!

I may or may not blog from our hotel...I think Brad would appreciate me taking a blogging vacation, too. Can't wait to bore you all with my stories and pictures when I return.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun!!!!! Can't wait to be bored and see the pictures, I've always wanted to go to New Zealand. And, I'm sure you won't miss those sticky hands all too much once you get there! :)

Tylertopia said...

We will be praying for your safe trip and safe return! Have the time of your life with Brad and take in all that is New Zealand! So excited for you and looking forward to pics and stories. :o)

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

I'm sorry... what did you say? I'm trying to get a grip on it... did you say 'blogging vacation'?

[cough]

I think...

[hack, cough]

I think I may be dying.

Oh, I don't have to take a vacation, just YOU...

Ok. All better now.

We'll totally miss you and talk bad about you behind your back out of jealousy because HELLO! Not only is it NZ, but THAT MANY HOURS on a plane ALL ALONE? Honey!

Also, I should have lent you my Seasons 1-3 of Alias. That would have kept you busy for a long time!

L