Friday, February 02, 2007

The Magic Number?

When I am out with two of my girls no one really looks twice. But when I have the three girls with me I seem to get a lot of comments. "Oh wow, three girls...your in trouble someday!" "Two blonde's and a brunette, their beautiful." One older gentlemen said to me the other day, "You look just like my wife did 40 years ago with our three girls!" Thankfully people don't usually verbalize their thoughts such as "oh my gosh, you're kids are being obnoxiously loud, can you shut them up!" Maybe I'm the only one thinking that...but i doubt it.

I began thinking about "3" since I took the girls swimming at the YMCA today. Usually I put Brooke in the childcare, but today I decided she may like to try out the toddler pool, too. This is something I would usually save for a rainy day (literally) or while Brad is gone on a trip...but I was feeling like being a popular mom so I announced our adventure. Baileigh's exact quote, "YAHOO! SWEET! Thanks Mom." Is she 5 or 15?

I got a few looks from the parents who were in the pool with kids at a 1 to 1 ratio. I noticed on the pool rules sign that it is no more then 3 kids per one adult. I began to think about the "strike 3 you're out" saying. And yet there is the "third times a charm" saying. Three. Apparently since this means you can no longer play man to man defense as parents it is looked at as a greater risk. Honestly...three hasn't presented too many more challenges then two...or then just children in general. It is funny though when I just have Brooke to have people make comments to me assuming she is my firstborn...when they find out I have two other little girls I get an "oh!" I would like to assume it's because I look so young. Ahem.

I can only imagine the looks I would get if we ever have four!

No comments: