Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Surprise!

Yesterday Baileigh's teacher, Ms. Ginsburg, allowed me to bring a special snack to school. Baileigh is the only student in her class not returning to her school for first grade. Her awareness of that fact has been heightened this week as their has been a lot of talk about next year as well as a visit to the first grade classrooms to meet the teachers.

Ms.Ginsburg offered that Baileigh could bring in snack (usually they each bring their own snack unless its a birthday) and a picture of her new house to show the class and talk about where she is going to move. It was a very sweet gesture on the part of her teacher and I know Baileigh enjoyed the attention and for once the fact that moving made her special instead of an oddity.

Ms. Gouldt (teacher's aid) and Ms. Ginsburg...these two have been the best and we have had an amazing kindergarten experience!

Showing off her special snack...I surprised Baileigh, too.
I thought that the kids would get a kick out of eating themselves or eating each other so I had their class picture put on a cupcake cake...it was a huge hit with everyone (thanks Sherry for the idea!).
Baileigh passed around pictures of her new house (we hope...still waiting to hear from one more bank about the foreclosure) and yard. The comments from the kids about the house were so funny.

Baileigh's teachers were kind enough to invite Mckenna to sit and have a cupcake, too. This was really her first time in Baileigh's classroom for any extended amount of time and she thought it was pretty cool! I can see why Baileigh is sad to leave Ms. Ginsburg's class and go to a new school. I was pretty nervous about public school since it was all new to me (I went to the same private school K-12) but this year was a gentle transition and has prepared me well for next year!

No comments: