Monday, June 23, 2008

Fresh Blueberries!

Saturday morning we headed out to a local farm to pick our own blueberries with Grandma and Grandpa. It was a beautiful day and we started early before it was too hot.
I became a big fan of blueberry picking...it was easy for everyone at all heights to reach the berries and the kids didn't get that dirty despite eating 100's of blueberries!
Brooke started slowly but eventually got into it and became quite the berry connoisseur.
Baileigh was competing with Grandpa to see who could pick more berries.
Helping Daddy with his blueberry bucket.

I love this picture...the lighting, the girls smiles, and the setting...if I do say so myself.
Afterwards we enjoyed some blueberry ice cream made with fresh blueberries...mmmmm.
So far we've made blueberry pie, blueberry coffee cake, and blueberry pancakes. I'm just waiting for the girls to tell me in a few days "we don't really like blueberries anymore".

No comments: