Thursday, June 05, 2008

Going in circles

Have you ever been on a plane and forced to circle. Indefinitely. A holding pattern. Watching out the window...just waiting. Around and around. So close to your destination yet completely uncertain of when you'll arrive and with absolutely zero control.

That is how I feel right now.

Circling.

It is all in regards to our move.

Our offer on the pre-foreclosure home is going smoothly. So far the homeowners have accepted our offer in full without any countering. The first bank involved also accepted our offer and terms. There is one additional bank involved because they had an 80/20 loan so we have to wait for approval from the final bank. Hopefully we should have a "yes" from all parties involved by next week.

After that we can set up an inspection (which is just for our benefit and knowledge...the bank sells "as is" on foreclosures) and get a closing date. We were told to anticipate the entire process taking 6-8 weeks...2-3 to hear from the banks and the additional 3-5 for closing. So far we're on the early side of that schedule...so I'm still not sure if we're moving in June or July. Brad has even talked about me staying in this house with the girls until August while he goes ahead and starts his job in mid-July and works on the house. We're planning on remodeling the kitchen, putting in a new floor and possibly refinishing the hardwood floors. Plus there are the other smaller projects like installing the invisible fence for the dogs, wallpaper removal, painting and carpet cleaning that would all be easier without us living in the house.

I'm so tired of feeling like I'm in a holding pattern that I'm just ready to have some dates and know what life looks like in the next few months. I'm not necessarily anxious to go (there are 100 reasons I don't want to leave here, but the reality is that I must)...just ready to start.
I know this is a great time for me to demonstrate the maturity of my faith and patience. To be free of doubt or anxiety...uh, hmm...perhaps I'm just demonstrating my immaturity.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I'm feelin' for ya, my sistuh. You've been through quite a bit in the last few years - lots of changes and difficult circumstances. You're doing such a good job with it all. I'm very proud of you as a mom and a woman.