Saturday, June 28, 2008

Pecking Chickens

Almost every night, after books and prayers, Baileigh asks me to say another prayer for her that she won't have any bad dreams. I usually say a quick prayer and see her again in the morning.

Tonight I insisted that she pray for herself while I was there instead of me. She agreed and this was her prayer.

"Dear God, thank you for this day. For my friends and my family. Please help me not to have any bad dreams tonight. No dreams about snakes. Or burglars. Or moles. Or spiders. Or pecking chickens. Amen."

Huh?

4 comments:

Royal Cuties said...

I HATE when I have that recurring pecking chicken nightmare! Scary stuff!

Tylertopia said...

Pecking chickens are a doozie. Gotta keep them far away from your dreams for sure. :o) Tonight when Ayden prays for good dreams, we'll be sure to include the same request for Baileigh too.

Jodi said...

Hee hee. That's funny. Ben has bad dreams sometimes,too. The other night he yelled for me because he had a dream about his best friend, Cameron. When I asked him what happened, he said, "Cameron had this big giant hand, and when he touched me it fell off." :)

Anonymous said...

Must be the age, our nightly prayer with Maddie includes "help me to not think about robbers so much." Reading your post made me feel a bit better that it wasn't just me/her. The pecking chickens though. . .
love,
Tracey