Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving in Michigan

We spent the past week in Michigan visiting friends and family. We headed out on Tuesday morning and made the 10 hour drive without any incidences. On Wednesday we met up with my brother's family. He has two girls...the oldest is 5 and the youngest is just 6 weeks younger then Brooke. It's a lot of fun to see them all together.
Later that day we went over to my girlfriends house for dinner. Shelly has 2 boys and we're hoping and praying that someday sparks will fly between one of her boys and one of my girls so we can be in-laws!
Thanksgiving day we spent with my friend, Laurie. She is like my big sister and it was so nice to relax and be with her family. Brooke warmed up to them instantly and even chose to cuddle with them instead of me!
Brooke had a lot of fun with Laurie's son, Bryan...she thought he was pretty silly and enjoyed playing with him.
On Friday we celebrated Thanksgiving again with my Mom and my brother's family. Despite the fact that my brother's kids both had ear infections the girls had a great time.
I must have taken 100 pictures of these two in attempts to get a good picture, but I never had much success. My niece is 6 weeks younger then Brooke and the two were curious about each other but not yet at the point of wanting to actually play with each other.
On Saturday I met Shelly at a place called Jungle Java. It's basically coffee house meets McDonald's playzone on steroids. It's not a quiet environment, but it is nice to have the kids totally entertained while being able to socialize with a friend. I think this concept would be awesome in WA with all the rainy weather!
The kids had a blast and completely wore themselves out! A final good-bye until our next visit.
We drove home on Sunday. The girls were troopers and did great on the drive. Not much napping, but they watched a lot of movies and did a lot of coloring. The second we pulled in the driveway the girls were out of the car and next door playing in the leaves with our neighbors. Brooke was happy to be back with her "duggies" and chased them around the yard trying to give them hugs.



3 comments:

Kathy said...

Looks like a nice Thanksgiving. Was Brad with you? The girls look so big to me... cute pics!

Anonymous said...

Brooke's hat is just killing me! I love it!!!

Jodi said...

I think your brother's kids look similar to yours! His oldest girl looks a lot like Brooke to me. Sounds like you had fun.