Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sick Day

We've been sick for the entire week. I haven't mentioned it, I think I've been in denial. Thus the reason for the frequent postings...I have been home, a lot! Last Monday I kept the girls home from school. They both had croupy coughs and Mckenna had a low fever. Since the girls had Tuesday off for election day I figured this would give them 2 days to mend and be back to 100%. Wrong.

Mckenna got worse on Monday night and her low grade fever hit 104. I had already had flu shot appointments scheduled for Tuesday so I took Baileigh and Brooke in for their shots and Mckenna saw the Dr. to make sure she didn't have something other then a virus. He said there was a lot of low grade fevers with congested cough and runny nose going around and it typically lasts 3-5 days. We headed home to lay low and heal.

On Thursday night Mckenna's fever finally broke and we remained fever free for 24 hours...but now it's Brooke's turn. Yesterday we attempted family pictures (that is another post) and Brooke wasn't very cooperative. When we got home I discovered she had a temperature, too. And guess what, Mckenna's fever is back. So it looks like we may possibly be spending a lot of this next week at home, too. Brad is heading out of town for the week so I won't get any relief. I guess that means we're off to the video store for some new movies since our 30+ DVD's aren't exciting enough. Our transition into fall/winter has not gone smoothly. Hopefully we're getting it all out of the way early.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Sorry you guys are sick! Hopefully it will buy you some immunity in the middle of winter! We have had a similar yuck in our house for the last two weeks. Hang in there.