Thursday, November 15, 2007

Her Debut

Tonight Baileigh had an open house at her ballet class. Essentially this means that parents and friends were welcome to come in the studio and watch. I completely forgot about it until we showed up, so unfortunately I didn't have my camera!

I haven't seen her dance since she began in the class in September. She has shown me a few things at home but it's hard to tell what she is really learning. I had so much fun watching her perform! I can completely admit that she hasn't been blessed with grace or flexibility...she gets that from her Daddy! However, she knew the moves perfectly and frequently led the class in a pose. I was proud and laughing inside at the same time. I couldn't stop smiling, watching her adorable little self in her leotard and skirt striking awkward poses and leaping around comletely enjoying herself and confident in spite of herself.

Almost cuter then her performance was her sisters watching from the corner and following all the instructions of Baileigh's ballet teacher. They had their own little show going on to the amusement of the other parents...I need to learn to carry my camera with me everywhere because I missed a great photo opportunity!

1 comment:

lovin' life said...

I love it! Thanks for that wonderful mental picture.
Love, JayLynn O.