Tuesday, November 06, 2007

My Addiction, My Therapy

I love candles. Yankee Candles. I've always been fond of the mood enhancing ambiance created by that small scented flame, but my addiction grew in the rainy months of winter in Washington when a lit candle became clinically therapeutic!

I've created a candle of the month club...in my mind...I'm the sole member currently. It's my big indulgence. But I'm all about finding a good deal on my candles. In fact, due to my loyal patronage, I frequently get Buy 1 Get 1 Free coupons! I just got one the other day in the mail and was planning my entire week around a shopping trip over near our Yankee Candle store. As much as I tried to justify, I really had no other reason to head over to that part of town except to buy my candle. Yesterday I got the standard Bed Bath and Beyond coupon for $5 off any purchase over $15...that gave me the thought to check and see if they would honor my manufacturer coupon from Yankee Candle for buy 1 get one free! YES! So today I was literally next door to a BBB and stopped in for my treat! I paid full price for one large candle which I think is $24.99 (they have a new style with a decorative tin lid!) and got another large candle for free! Then I selected another large candle from their fragrances of the month which are marked down about 25% and I used my $5 off coupon which made it about $13...so I got 3 large candles that would have cost $75 for $38! I'm not great about remembering coupons or bargain shopping, but since I can admit that the reality is I'm going to burn this money, literally...I always wait for a good deal and I think I did well today.

Now I have to decide which one to burn first and which one to give away since I bought one for a hostess gift. See what nice gifts I'll bring if you invite me over! Since I bought 2 with Cranberry themes I'll probably keep 1 and then keep the Vanilla Caramel. Decisions, Decisions! I should be deciding what to do for dinner, but that isn't as important! This decision could affect my overall mental well being on a cold and gray day when the endorphins in my brain are stimulated by the right scent and the flickering candle flame. Dinner...well by bedtime it won't even matter what we ate!

2 comments:

Tylertopia said...

Yummy yummy candles! I can almost smell them over here, just based on the photo! :o)I know there are a million different scents, but I have to say that Sage & Citrus is my all time Yankee Candle fave. I might have to try a Vanilla Caramel one soon though, that sounds pretty delicious...

Jodi said...

I share your love for Yankee Candles. My favorite used to be Honeydew Melon. Now I like cinnamony smells. I think I'll go get me a new candle now! :)