Monday, November 05, 2007

"Something's Leaking Mom!"

Around 3:00am I hear Baileigh calling me. She tells me something is leaking. She is still very sleepy and very confused. I ask her what she is talking about and she says that her bed is wet and something is leaking. I did some investigating and broke it to her that she had wet the bed. She denied the accusation and insisted that something must be leaking. Again. I explained my evidence...wet underwear and pj's, wet circle on the bed in the appropriate proximity to where she was laying, and the strong smell of urine. She pondered my case and then started to giggle. "I wet the bed!"

I think this is maybe the 4th time in her life that Baileigh has wet the bed and the first time in about 3 years. She was extremely easy to potty train and never needed pull ups. So considering she is a few days into being 6 she thought that this was pretty funny!

2 comments:

OHmommy said...

Something is leaking .... that's funny. My 5 year old just went to the bathroom in our shower last night. I woke up to the sound of something trickling.

:)

Chelle said...

She was right, something was leaking...it just happened to be her. Glad it was a moment that provided giggles though!