Sunday, November 04, 2007

Party Time

I think we're finally done celebrating Baileigh's 6th birthday. Don't you love it how kids can drag it out to a 72 hour celebration and as adults we may get 5 minutes of attention in the office or at dessert...and often that is 5 minutes more then we want! Why is that? I'm still all about celebrating birthdays! Does one's life become less significant as you add on the years? I think the contrary occurs and each year the party should get bigger as we have more under our belts to commemorate...usually literally and figuratively.

Okay, enough of my birthday soapbox...that was for my fuddy-duddy-anti-birthday husband.

Mckenna greeted Baileigh at her bus stop with balloons that she had carefully selected! Baileigh was full of smiles and proud of the special crown she had been given by her teacher and allowed to wear all day.
We met our friends at a small diner close by for dinner...and of course more birthday celebrating! We're babysitting their 2 tree frogs this week while they go on vacation...Baileigh thinks this is the best birthday gift of all. I keep reminding her we're giving them back in a week. I don't think it's sinking in!
Saturday afternoon was Baileigh's official party. She had 3 girls from her class and 2 friends from church come over for cake and ice cream and then to a movie! Can you guess? Yep, the Bee movie. I've been asked what I thought of the movie several times. I honestly can't answer...a movie with 7 little girls was fairly distracting. They were really well behaved, and I only made one potty trip, with Mckenna, but I felt like I was constantly helping someone open candy wrappers, hold water bottles, adjust booster seats, etc. I think the movie was pretty funny.
I had asked Baileigh if she wanted me to plan any games...I was told "no thanks, Mom, I'll take care of it!" Alrighty then, I won't beg! Take care of it she did...her first born type-A personality kicked right in and she organized her own parade and a few games. Her girlfriends loved it and obeyed her every command. These are those proud and embarrassing moments at the same time. She has picked up a lot of ideas from her Kindergarten teacher and I even heard her say a few of the things used in her classroom to get the kids to quiet down and listen.
Baileigh shared her "secret birthday wish" with me at bedtime. She wished that this would be the year she looses a tooth! I told her I thought that wish would come true and she went to bed happy, probably dreaming of her toothless grin!

4 comments:

Tylertopia said...

Wow...6! Happy Birthday Baileigh! Looks like there was lots of fun and celebrating!! :o)

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Yay Baileigh! Happy birthday! And I can't believe she is STILL talking about losing her teeth!

nilvento said...

Awww...those bee hats are so adorable....

Anonymous said...

Happy 6th Birthday Baileigh....seems like just yesterday we were all at Build a Bear for Teaghan's b-day! Kate