Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I Surrender!

This week has conquered me! I'm holding up the white flag. Right now my house looks like a children's costume store and a chocolate factory exploded! Yet I sit here and blog. I'm exhausted and one step away from bed...this just makes me feel like I'm being a little productive while ignoring the mess around me. Halloween at this age is so tiring since it really requires parents to do so much in order to get the kids ready and make it fun for them. It'll be nice when they are more independent. Of course, that will also be when they don't want me to go trick or treating with them or attend the events at their school.

We began our morning with a Halloween parade at my gym. I had completely intended on skipping this but yesterday the girls heard about it and begged to go. That's what I get for going to the gym! I squeezed in a quick workout, watched the parade, and then ran home to get ready for the rest of our day.

Quick shower and lunch and put Baileigh on the bus and then off to Mckenna's school for her parade. The weather was absolutely gorgeous here today with temperatures in the upper 60's and not a cloud in the sky! Mckenna somehow managed to lead her class in their parade with one of her favorite teachers. She was all smiles!

Mckenna's Pre-Kindergarten class


Brad met me at school to watch the parade and take Brooke home so I could head to Baileigh's school and help in her classroom with her school parade and party. Did we have Halloween parades as kids? I don't remember any.


Brooke decided she was finally willing to put on her fairy costume...and suddenly Pooh was not an option for her!

Baileigh's teacher selected her to lead their class since she was a band leader...the one and only in the entire school from what I saw!
Of course she was delighted with her role and marched around the building as proud as could be that her cool costume had won her this coveted position of honor!
Leading her class.
After Baileigh's parade the class went inside for a party. I helped out for a few minutes and then had to leave to return to Mckenna's school to pick her up. We all took a little break in the late afternoon and had a quick dinner and set out to trick or treat. Can we be done yet? That was my thinking!

My sweet girls...band leader, Snow White, and my little fairy (formerly Pooh).
"Trick or Treat!"


Enjoying all her hard work!
I'm glad that is over...now it's time to change gears and plan a birthday party!

4 comments:

Amy said...

What a fun mom you are! Thanks for sharing all the pictures!

nilvento said...

OMG woman....I don't know how you do it all....

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Looks like fun. I can't believe both girls got to lead their classes! What are you, raising type A personalities over there or something?

Miss you guys!

L

Anonymous said...

weethreemom

I'm planning on keeping up with your family now since the reunion.

Aunt Donna