Friday, October 26, 2007

Seasons Change

Typing that title for my blog made me laugh and remember the 1980's girl band Expose. I couldn't remember off hand who sang the song...but sad to admit I can remember a lot of the lyrics. I learned more about them then I ever wanted to know from Wilkipedia. And I learned that they are actually back together again and touring! There is a little trivia to tuck away that I'm sure will come in handy some day!

This all has nothing to do with my post, but I can't resist a good 80's music flashback.

It's a grey and rainy day. I feel like I'm back in Washington. We've had this weather since Wednesday. Although it gets annoying trying to drag the 3 girls in and out of the car at a store...I really am enjoying this weather. I love to hear the rain on our skylight (another thing that makes me think of WA since we had 4 skylights in our house) and listen to it drip from the gutters clogged with leaves.


Considering it's almost November I suppose it is time for fall weather. We were wearing capri's and flip flops earlier this week. In fact, I was just folding laundry from the week and it contains everything from shorts and t-shirts to jeans and sweatshirts. I think it's finally safe to retire the sandals for the season.


To celebrate the occasion (fall, that is) I pulled out of the cupboard my special Chai Tea Latte. I recommend not trying it unless you want a new addiction! This tea is extra special because it's a gift given to me to commemorate my monthly play dates with some great TU girlfriends in WA. We would meet at least once a month, with our 3 kids each, to catch up and usually shared a hot cup of Chai Tea while the 9 kids under the age of 6 (5 boys, 4 girls) ran around the house making too much noise and enjoying every minute of it. We did too, and our warm mugs and adult conversation were a nice momentary escape from the insanity that fills the rest of our days.

At our last get together before we moved this past spring we signed Chai Tea boxes and agreed to save the box for fall and to think of each other when it was finally time for our treat. I went to the cupboard to find the perfect mug for this special occasion and pulled out my new souvenir mug from my recent weekend with my childhood friends from Michigan. We each bought the same mug at the Starbucks across the street from our hotel where we consumed more then our share of caffeine in 48 hours.


As I sit and sip my special tea and look at my new mug I can't help but feel overwhelmed by the blessing of my friends. Whether these girls are 2 miles from my house or over 2,000 I am so thankful that God has blessed me by putting so many amazing women in my life! I always wanted a sister and I know giving 3 girls to such a tom-boy is God's sense of humor for that desire! But when I think about it...I have sisters everywhere.

3 comments:

lovin' life said...

Well said. A good read. Really made me miss you and Angie and the good 'ol days.

We are on our 5th box of chai for the season. I buy them in bulk at Costco.

Royal Cuties said...

That's right, sister!
I'm so thankful to be close enough to share your chai tea. Now maybe we should take a break from the gym one day and sip tea instead!

nilvento said...

OK...when I read the title...I actually started to sing that song in my head...tee hee hee...