Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Taylor University

I am a proud alumni of Taylor University in Indiana.

This past weekend was homecoming. I've never had the privilege of attending a college homecoming, but my friend Kathy got to go and just reading her post about her weekend brought back so many memories!

My time at Taylor is so much a part of my life and who I am today. Not in the wearing a college sweatshirt sort of way, but in the soul changing life altering type of way. There are so many things about it that you could really only understand if you shared the experience. I think I'm a decent writer, but regardless I don't think I could really communicate to you what it's like...you can't understand the fun we had in a corn field in Upland unless you lived it. I'm so thankful I lived it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I may be considered biased, but I think you were a pretty neat kid when you headed to TU in '92!! (Even thinking today of the drive home on that late-summer afternoon when you really were left "for good" in Upland leaves me in the same tearful state!) I believe God would have seen to the "soul-changing & life altering"
part whether or not you were at Taylor for those 4 years, but it's worth every penny that the transformation process could be so much fun and leave you with such life-long friends and memories! Leaving you at TU really was "for good"!! :) And I couldn't be prouder of WHO you are and WHAT your life's about. PRAISE HIM!! I LOVE YOU, Mom

Tracey said...

Well said! I feel the same way even though I'm not great at staying in touch. The memories and life lessons are definitely near and dear! I miss you and the rest of the TU girls!

lovin' life said...

So glad to have met you and become during my TU experience. Even better to reconnect years later and have our children share in friendship. I miss you guys.

Kathy said...

Funny how I just knew you as this 1CO girl who knew Tim way back when... now I consider you a friend. Miss you and missed you last weekend, Mel. Even if we are stationed all over the world in different places, we always have two common colleges to meet up at, right???

Kathy said...

Oops, excuse me. 1st EAST Olson...unless you were living in the lobby...