Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I've Been Tagged

I was tagged by my college friend, Amy, to participate in this post where you list or describe seven random or weird things about yourself.

Hmmm... what to admit or deny.

1. I spent the first 18 years of my life in Michigan. In the past 15 years I have lived in 8 states while making 10 moves...it looks like this...Indiana, Colorado, Michigan, Oklahoma, Texas, Mississippi, New Jersey, Oklahoma, Washington, New Jersey. So when someone says "Where are you from?" I'm not sure how to answer anymore.

2. I find gum chewing annoying. This is Oprah's pet peeve, too...not that I see eye to eye with her on everything, but I've got to say amen on this one. Just watch someone chew gum sometime. It looks like a cow chewing their cud...or someone struggling with a tough piece of steak...FOREVER. Mints vs. gum...suck on a mint, please...no one will even know!

3. At Starbucks I almost always order a tall, nonfat, sugar-free Carmel latte with no whip...decaf if it's after 9:00, I guess I'm getting old.

4. My husband told me while we were dating that he had a premonition that if we got married we were going to have 4 daughters. This isn't an announcement...just something to consider.

5. I have a huge respect for stand up comics. I think it has to be so much harder then it looks...and secretly it's something I've always wanted to try.

6. I would still love to play basketball...but there aren't a lot of other 33 year old stay at home moms out there hanging around the gym waiting for a pick up game. I'm still actually very good, if I may say so myself, and can sink a 3 pointer with my eyes shut.

7. While I love fall...I hate the return of socks! My kids wear them once and then one sock disappears. I must have 30 random socks in their drawers.

So there are 7 things...don't you feel like you know me better now?

I'm supposed to tag 7 people now...I know these gals are all crazy busy, but I think they will be good sports, but it may take awhile...

Royal Cuties
Mom to Jacob and Allison
Mix'd Equally
Triple Trouble
Ready to be Entertained
Validation
Tylertopia

6 comments:

Kellan said...

I am so with you on #7 - I so love those bare feet too! I have a basket of white socks sitting next to me right now that I need to match (yuk). Good list - fun post. See ya.

Amy said...

Thanks for playing! I'd come see you do stand up. I think you'd be fabulous. If you ever find a secret to the sock thing, please let me know. I am always asking moms of several kids if they have any secrets to the matching challenge.

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

I had never thought about the gum thing until I saw the Oprah episode where she talked about it. Since then I can't help but think how unnatural it is and even how rude it is to chew gum in certain circumstances. When John had just immediately gotten out of surgery one of his nurses was chewing gum. I thought it was probably pretty unsanitary!

Anyway, thanks for the tag. I'll work on it!

L

Tylertopia said...

Totally loved reading these things about you. :o)Totally with you on the gum vs. mints! Mints all the way!

I finished my list by the way...good times.

Tylertopia said...

Oh also...Very impressed about the whole 3-pointer with your eyes shut! That is very cool.

Jodi said...

OK! I posted my seven things on "Validation." Right underneath Darth Vader! :)