Friday, October 26, 2007

Girls Night Out

Tonight was girls night out...with my daughters.

In reality, we needed to go to Costco and Target (NOT a cheap night) but I decided if we called it a girls night out I might get more enthusiasm about running errands.

Brad has been out of town for the week and returns on Sunday. It's amazing how much more energy and patience I have when I know it's a 7 day trip and not a month, or 120 days. I skipped the hot dogs at Costco as dinner and we went all out and stopped at Panera Bread. That was actually more for me since soup and salad sounded good on a rainy night...the girls probably would have preferred Costco hot dogs. I ordered a cookie, which is not the norm, and the girls were angels during dinner in anticipation of their dessert. It's amazing how easy they are to manipulate at this age! Add a bag of popcorn while shopping at Target and they acted like it was Christmas!

I bought some new pj's in the course of our evening and decided to let them wear them home and watch a movie in the car. This was a little more for my enjoyment then theirs since I knew it would cut out about 15 minutes of bedtime ritual so I wouldn't miss any of Friday Night Lights. I got big hugs good-night and lots of thank-yous from the girls.

So despite the fact that I had a terrible head ache and I spent so much money I felt sick...I had a great time. We sang in the rain, danced in the isle, and tried to make as many strangers as we saw at the store smile. The best thing was that I not only enjoyed my night, I enjoyed my girls.

No comments: