Sunday, October 28, 2007

A Full Day

Today. Was. Busy!

Up and out the door for church. Exhausting in and of itself since it requires me waking up all 3 of my late sleepers which doubles the length of the time it takes to get them ready.

After church Baileigh had choir practice for 30 minutes. That's 30 minutes of me entertaining the other 2 girls who just want to go see Baileigh in choir practice and sing, too.

Home for a quick change of clothes and snack and then off to Indian Acres Tree Farm for a birthday party. Hay ride. Pumpkin patch. Bouncy Thing. Hot Dogs. Hot Pretzels. Dancing. Cupcakes. Melt Down (Brooke, then mommy).






Brooke was asleep before we left the parking lot since the party was already an hour into her nap time and she woke up earlier then normal for church. Change of clothes, brief rest, then off to church for Trunk or Treat. Our small groups (mini-churches) are each represented with 4 or 5 cars...the groups tailgate and decorate and then kids go from car to car to "trunk or treat." It was a lot of fun and the kids got way too much candy. But I'm exhausted.

I would be fine with skipping Halloween all together now. Baileigh asked to be a "band leader?" What? That was my response. I have no idea where she got the idea...but I managed to find a costume and she was thrilled. I saw about 300 kids in costumes tonight and she was the one and only "band leader!" Mckenna wanted to be Snow White which was easy since she got the costume from Nana for her birthday and Mckenna opted for Pooh over a fairy...she never let me put the fairy outfit on her but she was okay with Pooh! The first few times someone said "Pooh" to her she would touch her bottom since that is what she associates the word "Pooh" with! Unfortunately she stopped that after awhile...I can only imagine what her little mind was thinking as everyone would smile at her and say something about "Pooh".
Brooke was sitting in her chair, eating some candy...and suddenly saw this gorilla standing beside her. She FREAKED out. It would have been funny if she wasn't my baby.
Today would have been twice as much fun if Brad had been home. Unfortunately he gets home tonight. He had an exhausting day of sleeping in, working out, eating a late brunch, flying alone...wow, rough day! In reality I know that he would have loved to be back in town and be able to spend the day with us...it doesn't help me resent him any less though.

2 comments:

lovin' life said...

Another typical day in the life of a mommy...you made me tired even reading about it.
JayLynn

Amy said...

Love the pictures! What a fun day! Tag you are it! Check my blog for more info.