Monday, November 06, 2006

To blog or not to blog

I started this blog on May 23 in anticipation of Brad's deployment. Since then I've posted 157 entries. I started a counter on September 16 and in the past 6 weeks I've had 752 page views. Today alone 44 people checked my blog. Honestly, I find that flattering...but a little freaky.

I've been asked frequently if I plan on continuing the blog when Brad returns home. It originated as a means to keep him updated on what we're up to while he was deployed and a way for him to see photos and videos of the girls. I think it's snowballed into something bigger then that. It seems that everyday I learn of more people reading my blog. I just got a few comments this week from Taylor friends that told me they check it frequently. I know of family that reads the blog. There is staff from my brother's church that are reading the blog. I could name more people and give you some recognition in this post if you weren't an anonymous reader who never comments...hint, hint.

So am I going to continue this blog when Brad returns home? I think my mother-in-law would be pretty upset with me if I decided to quit...I know she likes to see the the pictures. And I'm sure to everyone who is reading this post you would be lost without tuning in for 30 seconds a day to read my latest thoughts! I've always been too much of a people pleaser, so the answer is yes.

Yes for the sake of all my fans (hahaha)...but actually one of the main reasons is for myself. I think I forgot how much I enjoy writing until I started this blog. It hasn't been since college that I wrote creatively just for the heck of it. I figure if I can accomplish something productive while writing, like updating our friends and family on our life or getting the opportunity to express myself on some issue then even better. If someone is actually reading it and cares, then that is icing on the cake.

So my random ramblings on the finer things of life and the pictures of my adorable girls (yes, I'm bias) will continue. I may reduce my entries to every few days as I'm going to attempt to have a life outside the computer in the evenings now that Brad is home. But on the eve of his return I wanted to thank those of you who read, who write, who listen...and as a result are motivated to read, to write, and to think...if that is you maybe you should start your own blog! I would visit...and comment!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey girl, I am one of your no comment people. Judy's best friend here, jan goon. We have met several times and I love hearing about the girls and you and Brad. Judy is so proud of you all and I get to keep up with her girls that way. thanks for blogging. Love ya, and glad Brad is coming home and may even be there now. jan

Anonymous said...

Melynie, Your blogs are amazing. They make me laugh, cry, and think. I would have never know you wrote so eloquently. I feel like you have given me a window into to the worlds of the girls. Not only that but I get a window into your soul that is amazing. You blog inspires me. Please keep up the blogging. Love ya'll
Alesha

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm glad you are going to continue the blog! It makes me feel like we are in touch - okay, one-sidedly anyway! I got chills when I read the part about it being "the eve of Brad's return!" AWESOME!
Larsey

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are continuing to blog! I love reading about the girls adventures and seeing all their pictures. I'm so excited to be seeing you all in a few months!

I'm so excited for you guys as Brad arrives home! I can not imagine the excitement in your house today! We are praying for his safe return!