Sunday, November 19, 2006

AWESOME!

Tonight Baileigh told us she prayed to ask Jesus into her heart. This is something I've talked about a lot with her in recent months and as much as I wanted to jump all over it in the past I was sort of delaying to be sure she had as good of grasp on the concept as possible as well as waiting so Brad could be a part of the moment. After the girls had been in bed about 15 minutes tonight I went back in for a final kiss and hug. Baileigh said, "Mommy, I just decided to pray to ask Jesus to come into my heart." I called for Brad and the three of us talked about her decision and had her explain to us what she understood and then we all prayed together. I know she obviously has a childlike faith, as she should at 5, but I also believe the sincerity and innocence of her decision .

The next 15 minutes were a series of difficult (and cute) questions such as "What does God's house in heaven look like?" and "What do our bodies look like in heaven?" We finally had to cut her off since it was so late, but she asked if we would could talk more tomorrow. On the couch. With Mommy and Daddy. And she wants to sit in the middle. On the big couch. Those were her specific requests. Then I told her that November 19th is kind of like another birthday for her since she is "born again" as a believer in Christ. Her question...can I have cake?

2 comments:

The Draper Family said...

PRAISE GOD!
Yet another post that made me cry :)

Anonymous said...

Yay Bailey! I asked Jesus in my heart when I was 4. I remember it today, and I believe God took me by the hand and raised me. I always knew He was there for me, was my Friend and Protector. People ask me why I turned out so differently from the rest of my family, and I think back to that night when I asked Jesus into my heart. It's because of Him that I am who I am today! :)