Monday, November 13, 2006

Coincidences?

Yesterday was our first Sunday back at church as a family. It was nice to have an extra set of hands to help with everything! As well as to be able to worship with Brad. After the sermon our pastor was making some announcements when he publicly welcomed Brad home. What I thought was funny was the timing...perhaps coincidently , perhaps not. Our pastor was just announcing the 7th annual Turkey Bowl...a football game Thanksgiving morning for men trying to recapture their former glory days. So this is how it went,

"Men, don't forget to go out to the information table and sign up to play in the 7th annual Turkey Bowl. It will be a great time to play some football and pull a muscle. Brad Hall, welcome home! Brad just got back from a deployment and we're glad to see him home" (people started clapping which was very kind and made me a little emotional). But let's go back..."Play some football, pull a muscle, Brad Hall"...so did he just happen to notice Brad in the crowd at that moment or did the thought of men trying to recapture their former glory days in a friendly football game sure to induce Thanksgiving evening injuries and aches make him think of Brad Hall? Things that make ya go hmmmmmm?!?...I guess we'll never know, but I have my suspicions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Joy, and I work with Brad's mother in Texas. I have been very interested in your blog. I am excited to see a family who had their priorities in the right place. Keep up the good work, and I, like Judy, am glad that Brad got home safe. So glad you all can be together again.
Also, if Brad gets stationed at the pentagon after school, Fredericksburg, Va is just a 45 min amtrak ride from the penatgon. I have a friend stationed there-Army, and another friend that works for the EPA--They use the time going to read their bibles and the time home to nap to arrive fresh for the wife and kids--neat, huh?
Something to consider if you get a perm. assingment. But be warned, housing there has gone up ther considerable since the dc community discovered this neat little civil-war era town.

Godd luck and God bless-
Joy