Thursday, November 02, 2006

5 Years Old!

Why does the fact that I now have a five year old make me feel so much older? She has aged a year but the event has aged me several years! November 2, 2001 seems like so long ago. The country was still in shock from the events of 911. The east coast was still new to us. Parenthood was an unknown I had only read about in books (remember when you did that with your first child?!). But now i have a girl who is loosing that toddler look and starting to look more like a little girl every day. She says things like, "That is amazing!" and asks me random questions like, "Are you aware that black chickens produce yellow eggs?" Who is this kid? Who took my baby and gave me this soon to be young lady that said to me as I tucked her in to bed, "thank you for making my birthday special for me Mommy, I love you."

Showing off her new dress and how old she is...plus she is wearing the traditional official Hall Family Birthday Hat (that will have to be another blog). She was proud to wear the hat and literally did not take it off all day. Her teachers at school allowed her to wear it because they thought it was so cute. Her head must feel a lot lighter tonight!

Daddy gave Baileigh a building set that she was really excited about and anxious to play with him when he returns next week!!!

I asked Baileigh if she would like to go out to eat for her birthday and she asked if we could eat at Red Robin. An extra bonus was that I surprised her by having her friend Madison meet us there! They had a great time and ate every last bite of her sunday. Notice we're still wearing the hat.

No comments: