Saturday, November 11, 2006

8 Months Old

Every month I've always taken pictures of my girls on their monthly anniversary. I love to look back and see how they've changed and it's fun to compare how one of the girls looked at a certain age compared to her sisters. I'm a few days behind with Brooke's 8 month pictures since Brad came home on the same day. Every time I think about it the camera isn't handy or I don't have time to strip her down to her diaper. Tonight I finally got organized but Brooke didn't appreciate the timing of the photo shoot since she had just finished her bath and was ready for bed. She grabbed her favorite blankie and stuck the thumb in the mouth and the entire photo shoot was a battle. I eventually got some reluctant smiles from a very sleepy and sweet little girl.

Click on the picture to enlarge it and you will see that her eyes continue to turn green. She doesn't have any teeth yet but that is no surprise since none of our girls have ever cut teeth before 9 months. She crawls everywhere and can pull herself up in a standing position with the help of the couch or chair. She is a good eater and has yet to turn down a food. She typically sleeps 11-12 hours at night and takes two naps. She says "Mama" and 1,000 other things only known to herself. She loves her little zebra blankie that was actually a present to baby Mckenna a few years ago. A pacifier is a fun toy to her and makes a lot of noise when hit against her crib but when it comes to soothing herself the thumb is the only answer.

Her final smile of the evening.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute. I actually think those ones with her zebra blankie are EXTRA adorable because it shows so much of her personality. She's such a cutie pie.

Also? I'm a sucker for just-washed and combed baby hair.

I might have to eat her up.

Anonymous said...

When it comes to sleeping, talking, eating, a blankie, and the thumb, this Sweetie Pie is very much like her Mommy. But, without a doubt, although you [Melynie] hung on to your "baby-blues" a lot longer, peering into Brooke's green eyes is truly "déjà vu"!!!

..And Nana loves it!! I can't wait to cuddle her again! :)