Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Quick Update

I'm headed back to VA tomorrow with the girls. We'll get some work done on the house on Thursday and then close on the property on Friday morning...hopefully! Just yesterday someone stopped at the house with a newspaper wanting to see the house since it was going up for auction on the 6th! What? There it was in the paper...our address going to auction. The realtor's reassured us that this error isn't unheard of...sometimes the banks don't bother pulling these notices that were slated to print a few weeks prior.

I'm so ready for this portion of the drama to end. The next phase is the actual home renovation drama...and trust me, I know there will be some based upon some of the things that have already happened! If I had more time right now I would post some pictures but I have a ton to do before hitting the road.

So pray that next time I blog we are homeowners. You can also pray that the home we'll own miraculously transforms itself from the complete "fixer-upper" it appears to be to a less intimidating and overwhelming simple do-it-yourself weekend project.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Have you ever thought about writing to TLC or HGTV? I feel like your story is the perfect DIY story. I'll be praying! Can't wait to see pictures. It is a blessing that you can try out so many DIY projects on all of your practice houses until you are where you will be when Brad is out of the AF. Maybe at the next girls' weekend you can teach us to lay tile. :)

heather said...

Hi, my name is heather, and i am friends with Kathy Fields here in Ms. We recently found out that our next move is to McGuire AFB. Kathy said to drop you a msg about the house you currently rent in the area. Are you in Mt Laurel? When you get a chance could you email some info on your house? Hflan91@hotmail.com Good luck on your current move and home!