Thursday, August 21, 2008

Next Summer

I already know what next summer will look like...lots of hours spent at this pool. This is our community pool in our neighborhood. This is an amenity we've never had before and the girls are so excited. There is also a swim team for anyone over the age of 5 and both girls are already talking about it for next summer.

The thing I like is that it isn't just pool, but it feels more like a resort. Its situated on the edge of a lake with a fountain in the middle. There is also an adult only pool so I don't feel bad about my loud kids in the family pool. Over by the adult pool is a huge hot tub and at the other end near the family pool is a good sized toddler pool that is only 2 feet deep. They also offer four weeks of swim lessons starting late June. On Memorial Day weekend you can buy guest passes for half price...its only normally $3 for a guest so half price is a deal!

Next summer I envision helping Brooke a little in the pool while Baileigh and Mckenna swim independently and the baby sleeps in the infant carrier in the shade over by my lounge chair. I'm sure it won't be as relaxing as that sounds but that is the plan.

The family pool.

The adult pool...empty.

The view of the pool from across the lake.

5 comments:

Melodie said...

Looks like a lot of fun....our new pools are not quite as big but I love them b/c one has a zero depth entry with little fountains. I can see all my kids swimming in the same pool instead of managing Addie in a separate baby pool and straining to see the boys in another. Enjoy it while you can and good luck getting the house in order. I'm sure you are a pro by now!

Royal Cuties said...

Let me know how that "sleeping baby/kids playing happily on their own" thing goes for you!
We can't wait to come see the pool and your house in person!

Anonymous said...

Niiice!! Um, I usually try not to complain about the pool on post but THIS makes it pretty impossible. haha :o)

Unknown said...

OMG! that pool looks fun! and if the lake has fish a waterproof butterfly net from the 99 cent store is a good investment- i ran after those fish for hours on end. and i still do!!! were all missing you back here, tonight i was walking my dog right up by your house: there were no lights ordogs or anything. Daisy stopped and looked around for your dogs and i looked at your house and my sighed. We all miss you! a couple times a day to a couple times a year takes some getting used 2. But its wayy better 2 have you here for a year and move then to never have you here at all!
xoxo--- BNP

Triple Trouble said...

So nice! When you said ...and the baby in the infant carrier...I was like, Oh yeah! I almost forgot the baby will be here by then! I hope things are going smoothly and you are feeling well. Especially after all the wallpaper stripping. We resigned ourselves to just painting over it. Wallpaper should be banned!!

Take Care