Sunday, December 02, 2007

Game Time

Practice is over and tomorrow night is the big event. At this time tomorrow we'll be wrapping up the first of two nights of our churches annual Christmas women's outreach banquet. Tomorrow there are about 225 women scheduled to attend and about 350 on Wednesday! We had a rehearsal this afternoon and it went fairly well.

I think that a lot of people must be praying for me, and our speaker, because we were both discussing how we're surprisingly not that nervous. It's hard for me to feel distracted with nerves and be humorous at the same time. I'm hoping that the reality of a banquet room full of women doesn't throw me...today I looked at 500 empty seats and felt fine. Hopefully people in those seats won't change my persepctive too much.

I've tried to explain to the girls on some level what I'm doing and why I won't be home the next two nights, but hadn't really elaborated on my goal of eliciting a few laughs from the crowd throughout the night. We were saying bedtime prayers... I told the girls they could pray that Mommy wouldn't be nervous. Mckenna prayed,first for her list of things such as thank you for Mommy, Daddy, Baileigh, Brooke, Ranger, Jonah, my toys, my books, my light, my blanket," etc., then she said "and God, please help Mommy not to be nervous and please help her to be a silly goof ball!" Amen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no doubt you'll be funny! Good luck! Kate

Becky said...

you are going to be phenomenal! wish i could be there to have a good laugh.

Anonymous said...

your anonymous fans will be clammoring for the news of how it went...blog back soon!