Thursday, December 13, 2007

A New Tradition

Recently I read on a few of my friend's blogs about their Christmas book tradition. I loved the idea and decided it would be a great tradition for our family. Frequently being on the move with the military makes it difficult to find traditions that work regardless of our location, so this concept appealed to me.

Tonight the girls each opened a Christmas themed book. I have a few other books for them to open in the next few weeks. I wrote a note in the cover of each book and after the holidays I'll pack them up with our decorations and next year we'll enjoy rediscovering our Christmas books and add to the collection.

2 comments:

Amy said...

What fun to read! What books did you get? Let me know if there are some the kids just love!

Kathy said...

We have the same tradition! And, yes, it is so nice to "rediscover" them, year after year. Your girls will love it... Loved your Santa pic, by the way!!!