Thursday, December 06, 2007

I'm Famous, Maybe Infamous

Today I was recognized.

"Excuse me. Did you recently host a women's banquet?"

I hesitated, fearful that I may hear criticism.

I admitted to her inquiry and she smiled and told me that she thought she recognized me and wanted me to know how much she enjoyed the banquet and that she thought I was really funny.

Apparently she attends our church and her daughter is in the same ballet class as Baileigh.

Something that meant more then her compliments were two things that she said....the first thing she said was that she was disappointed when I said that we would probably be moving this summer because she thought I was someone that she would like to try to get and know and be friends with. I was really flattered by her statement...and frankly it disappointed me, too because I really liked her in our quick interaction. Of course, what's not to like...she tells me she thinks I am really funny and she wants to get to know me!? Of course I like her. Smart girl.

The second thing she said was that there was a woman at her table who asked to pray with someone at the end of the evening and said she wanted to know Jesus. How cool is that! Very cool. Worth the inconvenience of my newly found fame!

1 comment:

Chelle said...

How sweet of her! It's nice to hear someone actually speak up and give encouragement. Sounds like you did a great job at the banquet too. Congrats...maybe stand up comedy is in your future :)