Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ho! Ho! Ho!

I had a feeling that Brooke wouldn't be too fond of Santa this year. She is 21 months old and that age can be tough. She thought he was great to look at and say hi and blow kisses to from about 20 feet away...but I still have nail marks in my arm from the death grip she gave me when I tried to hand her over to Santa. My friend posted a funny picture of her kids with Santa, so I thought I would share our funny photo. I didn't plan on being part of this picture, but I thought it may be comical to look back at some day. I only get these photos to put in the scrapbook...despite the fact that they rob you for a picture, I couldn't pass on this classic group shot. Notice both hands around her torso...I'm seriously holding with all my strength to keep her on my lap.

The older girls were totally into Santa this year. Ironically we've hardly said a word about Santa but the girls interest and belief seems to have doubled since last Christmas.

Baileigh asked Santa for roller skates and Mckenna asked for Moon Sand and a jump rope. She asked for a jump rope last year, too. This Santa was awesome. He had a gentle manner and a great voice. He said really sweet things to the girls and encouraged them to be kind to one another and others. At the end he said God Bless you girls and have a Merry Christmas.


Tonight when I was saying prayers with Baileigh she said she was "sad and a little upset." When I asked why she said she had something important that she forgot to tell Santa. She was hesitant to tell me but eventually she confided in me that she had wanted to ask Santa if every boy and girl in the world could please get at least one present this Christmas. Moment, please. Getting a little choked up. Yes, I'm bragging about the big heart of my six year old. We decided to pray about it because God would be able to let Santa know what she had wanted to say but forgot.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture with Brooke cracked me up! Kate

bondgirl said...

That Santa was pretty real - I took Patrick on Monday-- he was great with the kids but I think that Santa was just as unsure about the baby as the baby was about him! Both look like a deer caught in headlights! I was shocked by the price!

Anonymous said...

Bless her heart, that sounds just like my sensitive 1st-born granddaughter. She is a GRAND-daughter!! [that Nana loves! :)]

Traci said...

I had to laugh at the difference between the Santa at your mall and the Santa at the nasty Marion mall!

Organized Chaos said...

Too bad the Santa quality didn't guarantee cooperative kids and a good picture!

We've been to a lot of mall Santas and I agree...he was pretty good in terms of both looks and how he was with the kids.

Lovin' on my Boys said...

It'll be interesting to see how Gavin reacts. Jacob was bawling at that age too!