Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A tale of two teeth

We're having a lot of conversations about teeth in our house lately. Brooke's two little teeth are finally visible and Mckenna frequently announces their arrival to whoever will lend an ear. I've kept my camera handy the past few days in attempts to photograph them, which proved to be a bigger challenge then you would think. But without further ado...here is the first photo ever of Brooke's teeth!
The talk of teeth has heightened Baileigh's awareness and curiosity of the concept of "loosing teeth." She has a few older friends that are sporting toothless grins and apparently she is anxious and nervous to enter that phase of development. It seems that every conversation is infiltrated with the topic. For example, "I'm 5 now, then I'll turn 6. Then I'll loose a tooth." or "We're going to move to New Jersey this summer. Then I'll probably loose a tooth." or "Brooke has two new teeth. When she get's older like me she'll probably loose her new teeth, like I'm going to soon." You get the idea.

Yesterday in the car Mckenna and Baileigh began discussing the impending event and the tale of the Tooth Fairy. I took the best mental notes I could as I struggled to listen over my internal laughter.

Baileigh: "When you loose a tooth the Tooth Fairy comes and leaves you money under your pillow while you are sleeping."
Mckenna: "She must be magical like Santa Clause."
Baileigh: "I wonder what she looks like."
Mckenna: "She must be very tiny because when you have your head on your pillow it is very small underneath your pillow so she must be very little if she has to go under your pillow and put money!"
Baileigh: "I wonder if I'll get enough money to buy something at the store."
Brooke: "Ah-da-ba-ba-ma-ma"
Mckenna: "You might eat an apple like Amanda did when she was in Disneyland and your tooth will come out like her."
Baileigh: "We just went to Disneyland, silly, I can't loose it there...I'll have to loose it in New Jersey when we move!"

3 comments:

Tylertopia said...

GREAT photo of Brooke and her 2 new teeth. SO CUTE! Also, I loved reading the conversation your girls had about the tooth fairy...how sweet. I love the innocence and logical answers children come up with for topics such as this. I'll be tuning in for the "tale of the missing tooth" :o)

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Brooke: "Ah-da-ba-ba-ma-ma"

Ha! This is my favorite part.

The Draper Family said...

I love the logic of little ones... Too cute!
Ian just got his first 2 teeth also! I'm sure it will take me months to get that elusive picture :)