Friday, January 26, 2007

Homemaking Meme

Stolen from A Gracious Home. A, B, C...

Aprons – Y/N? If Y, what does your favorite look like?
Not usually...although I should since I have several shirts ruined with grease spots. I had a few nice one's from William-Sonoma that I received at a bridal shower. Remember when people gave you things from that store...now I no longer am given anything, nor can I afford that store!

Baking – Favorite thing to bake
Cookies

Clothesline – Y/N?
No. I don't think this question takes into consideration geography. The only home I've ever lived in with an outdoor clothesline was in Mississippi. That makes sense!

Donuts – Have you ever made them?
Once. Too much grease involved. Not a fan of grease. I prefer the experts at Krispy Kreme to make them!

Every day – One homemaking thing you do every day
Open all the blinds to get some light in my house!

Freezer – Do you have a separate deep freeze?
Yep. Thanks to Meals a la Carte!

Garbage Disposal – Y/N?
Yes. Love it. Didn't have one in NJ and I hated it. I throw everything in there.

Handbook – What is your favorite homemaking resource?
My mind.

Ironing – Love it or hate it? Or hate it but love the results?
Love the results...when someone else does it. Thank God for flight suits!

Junk drawer – Y/N? Where is it?
Since kids...just about every other drawer in my kitchen.

Kitchen – Color and decorating scheme
Oak cabinets with stainless hardware we added. Stainless appliances. Blonde paint by Sherman Williams. Travertine Tile backsplash we added and some antique bronzed light fixtures we added, too. My favorite kitchen so far of any of our homes.

Love – What is your favorite part of homemaking?
Having everything clean!

Mop – Y/N?
When my socks stick to the floor or I see Brooke eating a 5 day old dried up piece of fruit from under the kitchen table.

Nylons – Wash by hand or in the washing machine?
Live in WA state and you don't need to own them! It's a beautiful thing!

Oven – Do you use the window or open the oven to check?
Our light was always burned out on our previous oven so I always opened. Now we have a new oven with a clean window and bright light!

Pizza – What do you put on yours?
Hawaiian Oinker - ham and pineapple (mushrooms too)

Quiet – What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
Hmmm...not a situation I face much. Blog, make a phone call.

Recipe card box – Y/N? What does it look like?
Another great bridal shower gift. I actually pull it out frequently.

Style of house – What style is your house?
Craftsman

Tablecloths and napkins – Y/N?
Yes...Vinyl Dora and Strawberry Shortcake and paper napkins. Nice. Not quite William-Sonoma.

Under the kitchen sink – Organized or toxic wasteland?
Yes. A little of both. But childproofed.

Vacuum – How many times per week?
Frequently these days since Brooke is crawling/walking and my dogs shed and people are looking at our house all the time.

Wash – How many loads of laundry do you do per week?
OH. MY. GOSH. I think I could live in my laundry room. This will be a future blog someday. I do so. much. laundry! AHHHH. Thank God for my upstairs laundry room, otherwise I would never put the clean clothes away.

X’s – Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
Only in my head :-)

Yard – Y/N? Who does what?
Depends on if my husband is in Kyrgyzstan for four months. I frequently cut the grass (and pick up dog poop, lovely) so that our wknds are free for fun. I take care of all the flowers, too.

Zzz’s – What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
Pick everything up so it is ready for a realtor to walk through first thing in the morning.

What about you?

1 comment:

Traci said...

I'll post it at a later date. Fun to read!