Saturday, January 06, 2007

The Chicken Sham

The other night at dinner Mckenna was told to finish her chicken before she could have any dessert. A few minutes later we heard "can I have dessert now?" Upon seeing her clean plate we praised her for obeying and dessert was served. A little while later I was cleaning up from dinner and noticed a stash of chicken pieces under Mckenna's chair. Apparently her cooperative spirit was really a chicken exporting scheme in which the chicken was discretely transferred to under her chair. Unfortunately for her, our dogs were out in the yard, otherwise we may have never discovered her sham as I'm sure they would have been willing accomplices in the disposal of the chicken.

While we found her actions humorous and ingenious...she was disciplined (I had to leave the room because I couldn't stop from laughing, after I took pictures of course).

1 comment:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

I LOVE the picture of Brad holding Mckenna's chin. That happens ALL THE TIME in our house.

Yeah, sometimes I purposefully put Molly outside during mealtimes to make sure I know exactly what hits the floor.

It is pretty ingenious, though. Just proves she's one smart cookie.