Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Mixed Messages

I forgot about the toilet-paper-pulling-stage. I think this should be an official stage in developmental books. It can see it now: 1)Oral Stage 2)Toilet Paper Pulling Stage 3)Household Safety Hazards.

This is how it played out...and why Brooke is probably very confused as to whether or not playing with the toilet paper is a good or bad thing:

"BROOKE. NO. We don't play with the toilet paper. Please come out of the bathroom." Then I take a quick picture without her noticing.

"BROOKE. Mommy said, no." Then she looks at me, confused, as I snap a picture.
"Please get out of the bathroom, Brooke." She crawls off, with toilet paper stuck to her. When she discovers the fun material is following her and she is pretty excited. I take another picture.
She stops to look at me and questions why the toilet paper is now in the hall...and why is Mommy taking pictures.
Her internal thoughts..."so is it okay for me to play with this stuff or not?" Sorry for the mixed messages kid, but you were entertaining me so much that I had to capture the moment.

1 comment:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

I love the commentary of the mixed messages. I do that all the time too. Coley! Get down from there! (snap) Jalyn! Don't hit your sister! (snap)

What? It's cute, right?