Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Women's Retreat

Just a quick recap from my women's retreat and some pictures. It was an amazing weekend...physically exhausting but spiritually a time of rest and renewal.
The conference center is on the Chesapeake Bay and while it was cold...there were beautiful sunsets!
The girls...this is our group of 8 from my former mini church that attended last year. They are also my NYC girls!
We had a few hours of free time on Saturday afternoon so we wandered around the small shopping town of North East, Maryland. This cow in drag was just a cry for a photo and I knew my friend Melissa would be a good sport!
Some of the girls from my table. We were the four "young gals" and then we had four "more mature" ladies at our table. That wasn't my description but rather the observation from one of our wiser table members...we were a unique group but a perfect mixture and I really appreciated our table time and our discussions!
Our "last supper" before I headed back to VA and the rest of the group went back to NJ.
It's hard to believe that the next time I see this group it will be with a newborn...or older! My tummy got a lot of rubbing over the weekend. I discovered that in a group 0f 250 women there are a lot of ladies who feel at liberty to touch a pregnant tummy. I used to find this annoying...but considering I'm nearing the home stretch of my final pregnancy I started to kind of relish the moment.

4 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

I love retreats like this...they are good for the soul!
-sandy toe

Unknown said...

hi there....i have another option for you for your retreat pictures...i make Vision Map Videos and they are a so much more fun that just photos....let me know if you are interested....here is the info...

Vision Map Video To Share Retreat Memories and More

Retreat memory videos are very individual depending on the retreat, so I haven’t created one in my pre-made section. In the same note I wanted to let you know of the possibilities that are available for any type of retreat.

VISION MAP VIDEOS are short to the point affirmation videos you can use to advertise a retreat, use as a participants memory product, thank you and encourage groups to return, to encourage attendees to attend the retreat again.

VISION MAP VIDEOS are better than a Vision Board, as these are more personal as no one else needs to see them, they are for your eyes only.

These videos are short and ready for viewing with royalty free music and pictures; along with affirmations and description of your event. The videos can be put on your computer, YouTube account, and any other electronic gadget you use.

SAMPLE of Vision Map Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DD2c_IDURQ

This is a link to see a pre-made Vision Map Video for 2009 and additional information :
http://www.spiritedboutique.com/?p=251

This a link to several pre-made Vision Map Videos for purchase and on various topics:
http://www.spiritedboutique.com/?page_id=269

Custom made Vision Map Videos are also available for your business and website purposes, CONTACT Darlene Siddons at 760-726-8390 or info@spiritedboutique.com

Creative Vision Mapping
Darlene Siddons
760-726-8390
www.spiritedboutique.com
info@spiritedboutique.com

Lisa said...

Hey there! Just wanted to let you know that I'm making my blog private, so if you'd still like to continue reading please send me your e-mail address so I can add it to the list. Thanks so much! You can leave a comment on my blog with your e-mail or e-mail me directly - lisafoerterAThotmailDOTcom

Hausfrau said...

Glad you had a good time. See ya tomorrow in my Arctic gear...burrrrr!

Angie