Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Big Day!

On Monday Mckenna finally had her long awaited playdate at our house with her buddy, Seth. She and Seth hit it off the first day of pre-k and all we hear about is "Seth this" and "Seth that". On top of it, the boy has a ton of allergies so I also hear "Seth can't eat that" or "when Seth comes over we can't have that" etc. I promised her a playdate before the baby was born so I finally checked that box today.

Mckenna wanted to make Valentine cookies, but w/ the allergies I opted for some crafty type of stuff instead. We hit the $1 bin at Michaels and picked up a few things. Entertaining boys is new territory in our house so I wasn't sure what would be popular. "Flarp, Noise Putty" was a hit...I assumed since it made gassy noises when you folded it that it would provide some giggles.
We also monitored the growth of our sponge safari animals throughout the day. We were 50/50 on success...some of them grew to full size and some of the other capsules were duds.

We took a break from being crafty to eat lunch. Seth's mom packed his lunch so we didn't have to worry about giving him anything he wasn't supposed to have...although nurse Mckenna seemed proficient in knowing all his dietary needs and I don't think she would have allowed me to give him anything with milk or wheat in it...at least to her knowledge!

Brooke was a little jealous that she wasn't having her picture taken so this photo was to appease her complaints.

So once our "organized" time was done the kids wandered downstairs to play...this is what I found. Seth has an older sister and apparently plays dress up with her a lot.

When his mom picked him up he was still dressed like this. Seth's dad is a police officer...his mom said that he would be so proud!






5 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

Oh my! That last picture! He needs to stick with Flarp..whatever that is!
-sandy toe

Chelle said...

Yet, he's standing so manly and proud in that last picture. Hilarious!

beukelman blog said...

that is a great picture! =) random thought - i just thought of your adventure a while back being locked out of your house and climbing through the window. =) good times!

Anonymous said...

I feel for the parents on the dress-up. Having a girl first changes the whole picture. At any given time my sons could be dressed up like a princess. It makes for some great laughs. Melynie I believe you have had a few laughs at my son as he dressed as Cinderella.

Sherry

Hausfrau said...

Glad the Cinderella dress found a second life :) Thanks again for the impromptu wake for Anika last evening. I really needed it.

A