Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Not Much

I've really been in a blogging slump lately. I just haven't been in the mood or felt like I've had much to say. Plus we've changed our photo program and I'm struggling to upload photos right now so it makes posting with pictures a pain.

Today I'm home with Brooke who is sick again. It seems like she throws up several times in a 3-4 hour period and then nothing for 24 hours and then the cycle repeats itself. This has been going on since Friday night. She also has an occasional low fever around 100. Today she is quite adorable and quite pathetic. She wants me to sit next to her on the couch which gives me a lot of computer time while she watches favorites like Olivia and Max and Ruby.

Since I've been home with her a lot lately it has given me some time to make some phone calls and pursue changing OB/Gyns. Long story that I'll post more about soon but I think tomorrow I'm changing our insurance and then switching from a military hospital to a private hospital. Since I'm 33 weeks I actually had one practice tell me they wouldn't take me because their schedule was full. Thankfully it was my second choice practice and my first choice practice said they would take me but couldn't guarantee which doctor I would see.

Aside from that we're still working on the girl's bathroom. Brad has a lot on his plate and it's been hard to make fast progress when he only has two hours a night and a lot of the work keeping us from moving forward quickly involves cutting tile with a wet saw in the driveway in cold temperatures at 9:00pm. It's not very safe and doesn't make us too popular with the neighbors. Plus it's hard to mix a small batch of mortar so it means waiting on the tiles until the weekend and trying to move ahead with other things like sanding the walls and painting...which began last night. I'm not much help with this project since I'm the size of a whale and lacking energy by 9pm...

So that is my rambling for today. You probably would have preferred that I just didn't post anything. This is what happenes when I have an entire day on the couch...that and I spend too much time on Facebook! My little sick one is on her second nap of the day...that alone proves she is ill!!!! Mckenna is home from pre-k thanks to a nice neighbor who she was able to carpool with today. I'm getting to be pretty good friends with the carpool mom and our girls really like each other. So of course, she told me today that they are moving in May to Georgia. They are army. Story of my life...well a least, story of this assignment thus far!

4 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

Hope your little one feels better soon!
-sandy toe

Anonymous said...

Hang in there!!!! Life will get better or at least busier in a few short weeks. Call if you need to chat. Miss ya!

Sherry

Jodi said...

You sound discouraged. I'm sorry. I'll pray for your little one and you.

I'm being a mom and worrying now when I ask this question: she hasn't had any products with peanut butter has she? I don't know if you hear much about the recall in your area....

Amy said...

Hey! Sorry she isn't feeling well and you are having to do all the legwork to change doctors. Hang in there! I love to read your posts--glad you wrote.