Sunday, February 22, 2009

Go Girl

This isn't an SNL skit. It's serious.



I honestly admit that I could see having this with me during a triathlon...however I would still have the issue of having to somehow discretely get my pants down or situated in a manner that would allow me to discreetly use the bathroom. If you do marathons or triathlons you know that the urge to pee doesn't always happen when you're around the designated out-houses...and even if it does I would rather pee 20 feet off the course in the woods then an out house.

Other then that...I think their ideas for usage are humorous. They repeatedly talk about the idea of standing up while peeing being completely foreign to women, unless you're European (which you will understand that, too if you've ever been to Europe and peed in a "toilet" that is essentially a shower drain). Am I the only one that solves the dirty bathroom issue by simply squatting? Technically it's not the kind of standing they are suggesting, but it solves the problem. And, it's a good 20 second workout for your calves and quads.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

That is hilarious! Where do you find these things?! I can't even imagine it being discrete to use. I'll just keep doing what I've been doing... I am the queen of squatting! I can even do it with an infant strapped to me in a Baby Bjorn!

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

I never really saw the "product" -- it seems more like a PSA encouraging women to pee standing up! Now I am curious and might just have to google this thing... but peeing standing up just seems wrong, somehow.

Lisa said...

I actually just saw this on the show Chelsea Lately tonight!!! They were cracking jokes about it. It looks like a funnel... a pink funnel!